by Edward Steen, Vienna, April 3, 22.
The Ukrainian government says it has retaken over 30 towns and villages near Kyiv from Russian forces. Putin’s soldiers have left behind horrendous scenes of death and destruction, and evidence of murder of civilians and wholesale looting. The evacuation of Mariupol remains incomplete, and nor are exact details of an apparent Ukrainian attack on an oil depot over the Urainian border in Russia itself.
- Observer, UK 03/04/22 Russian retreat reveals atrocities against civilians
- NDTV, India 03/03/22 Ukraine Says Russia “Verbally” Agreed To Its Proposals in Turkey talks
- Daily Telegraph (paywall) 03/04/22 How Putin found God and his loopy ideas in the Orthodox Church
- NY Times 03/04/22 Losing in Ukraine, winning in Russia thanks to the war?
- Channel 4, UK 02/24/22 Russians leaving ‘complete disaster’ in wake of retreat,- Zelensky
- Religion Media Centre, UK 02/04/22 Religion at heart of understanding Russia’s claim in Ukraine
- CNN 01/04/22 Ex-oligarch in Tel Aviv denounces fascist Putin:: “everything he touches dies”
- Foreign Policy March 2022 issue: Has Putin coup-proofed his rule?
- Newsweek 30/03/22 Putin’s popularity soaring in Russia