ES Vienna, May 26, 2022
Donbas separatist calls for redoubling attacks – Russian news agency
The head of the Russian-backed separatist “Donetsk People’s Republic” (DPR) called today for the military operation in the Donbas to be accelerated, according to the RIA Novosti news agency. Denis Pushilin, 41, a member of the United Russia party and a notorious pyramid scheme fraudster in the c. 2m-srong “republic”, also claimed Kyiv had blocked water supplies to key cities in the north.
The notoriously crime-ridden and lawless Donetsk enclave is a playground for dubious Russian “businessman”, and far-right activists and fighters.
It is both dependent on and committed to Russia, where the Duma yesterday scrapped the age limit for army recruits and Russia’s parliament rushed thrugh a law removing the upper age limit for service in the military.
- 26/05/22 NEWS NOW Update from Ukraine – including Zelensky’s redjection of proposals at Davos to compromise with Russia
- 24/05/22 Daily Mail, UK: News from Davos in detail. Kissinger calls for Ukraine to cede territory, warns of world war
- 24/05/22 Reuters at World Economist Forum: Soros says “beating Putin may be only way to save civilisation”
- 24/05/22 The Hill Putin made “big strategic mistake” – Jens Stoltenberg
- 12/5/22 Prospect Listening to, and reading, the voices of Ukraine
- 05/03/22 RFE/RL How to bypass govt blocking of independent media (also in Russian)