by Edward Steen, Vienna. March 6, 2022
Organised throughout Europe by the Union of European Federalists
Europe’s first-ever supranational demonstration took place online last night at 19.30 CET. Missed it or arrived late? (Update: recording at 08.00 on 06/03/22.
Invitees from all over Europe made a short political statement (English) followed by moments of poetry and music.
- Sandro GOZI, UEF President and MEP (Renew Europe)
- Petras AUSTREVICIUS, MEP (Renew Europe)
- Eva MAYDEL, EMI President and MEP (Renew Europe)
- Danuta HUBNER, MEP (EPP)
- Rainer WIELAND, President of Europa Union Germany, Vice-President of the European Parliament and MEP (EPP)
- Brando BENIFEI, MEP (S&D)
- Daniel FREUND, Spinelli Group President, MEP (Greens/EFA)
- Lukas MANDL, UEF Austria President and MEP (EPP)
- Christa SCHWENG, EESC President
- Stefano CASTAGNOLI, President Movimiento Federalista Europeo
- Daniel GERER, UEF Austria
- Catherine VIEILLEDENT, Secretary-General of Group Europe
- Eszter NAGY, Secretary General of UEG Hungary
- Francois, LERAY, President UEF France
- Raphael BEZ, Secretary-General of UEF/EMI Switzerland
- Antonio ARGENZIANO, President of JEF
Everyone had the opportunity to participate in chats, and talks were all in English.
This proved an excellent opportunity to promote democratic values and a strong, united Europe in the light of the Conference on the Future of Europe. Despite some minor technical problems, the online discussion was remarkably clear and fluent and often passionate.
Share this link with the hashtag #moreEUROPEnow
♦ Download social media material : moreeuropenow.eu
♦ Guardian 15/03/ 22 Huge demonstration around the world
♦ FT 05/04/22. Fukuyama – “we need to recreate the spirit of 1989”
♦ Who to blame for Ukraine catastrophe? Putin alone. by ex-ambassador in Kyiv, Leigh Turner
♦ History Today 04/04/22 on Russia and Ukraine